Below is the next “Scratch the Surface” EJ Podcast #029. EJ has as his guest today Mo Collins from MAD TV.
While she is most recognized by the dozens of characters she played on MADTV, she also has a very long resume that ranges from “Parks and Rec” to “Six Feet Under” to “The 40 Year Old Virgin.”
Ej talks with Mo about:
- her strict Catholic upbringing in Minnesota,
- feeling stifled by a controlling mother,
- spreading her wings in acting and comedy,
- getting kicked out of an all girls Catholic College that her mother went to,
- being the “black sheep” in her family,
- the origin of her nickname “Mo”,
- to getting “let go” from Dudley Riggs Brave New Workshop where she was thriving,
- to working for Disney in Florida,
- she talks about and gets emotional about her “perfect sister” (the greatest person she knows),
- getting married and divorced,
- moving to LA,
- auditioning for MADTV with a killer Rudolph the Red Nosed Reindeer impression,
- having a son who now wants to be a fireman,
- wanting to be a grandmother,
- her belief in aliens and her alien sighting that she witnessed,
- getting a rare form of cancer called GIST just a couple of years ago and how thats going,
- her appearance on Sober House on VH-1 to talk to Andy Dick,
- meeting Ed Asner and doing a Mary Tyler Moore impression for him,
- her new husband and how they met online,
- and so much more!!
Its a funny, poignant, important talk that they had together, so please give it a listen.
Please share with your friends on social media or any other way. Listen to EJ’s other podcasts because those are pretty amazing also.