Below is the next “Scratch the Surface” EJ Podcast. EJ has as his guest today Mike McCarthy.
Michael McCarthy was one of my first teachers in Los Angeles when I moved here in 2003. He taught Sitcom Writing. These days he is fighting a battle against cancer.
He was kind enough to make some time to talk with me when I was visiting Chicago, where he lives now.
Michael McCarthy and I talked about:
- alcoholism and being sober for 20 years,
- working on Sesame Street and Jim Henson,
- The Drew Carey show,
- how often he plays a priest on sitcoms,
- working on Saturday Night Live,
- marrying for a third time to past Scratch the Surface guest, Susan Messing,
- being a stepfather,
- how he discovered he has the same cancer that killed his father, and so much more.
PLEASE LISTEN, PLEASE SHARE and ENJOY!!!
Please share with your friends on social media or any other way.
Also, be sure to listen to EJ’s other podcasts because those are pretty amazing also.